Monday 10 June 2013

National Art Gallery

NATIONAL ART GALLERY KUALA LUMPUR
(www.skyscrapercity.com, 2010)
It was on the 8th of June 2013 when I had class field trip to the National Art Gallery organized by my vern own design lecturer, Mr Khairul. I was looking forward for the trip as it will be my second time visiting it. As I'll be going there together along with my other friends, my friends and I decided to go early which was around 9am. Upon reaching the place, we then went on checking out the area as the gallery will only be open to public at 10am.

It was 10 minutes before 10am when Mr Khairul meet up with us right infront of the main entrance. He told us that we should use up all the time seeing every art and understand it. With 3 floors to explore, I was eager to go in and enjoy my time getting both inspiration and some interesting knowledges on fine arts.

So I began my journey by going up to the third floor. As I walked around slowly understanding every art, I then noticed an unique artwork. It was actually a simple art sketch which done by an artist named Ali. When I looked into his sketch, I could straight away imagine the place that I went before with my family back in 2012. The place was called Ubud, Bali. The way he sketched out the temple at Ubud was very precise as he managed to do it with details. I was very impressed as I know it's not that easy to sketching a beautiful landmark on a piece of paper by just using a pen. On that paper, he only used shapes to formed the beautiful temple of Ubud. With just curl black lines connected to each other and also some straight lines, an amazing artwork was formed. This sketch really inspired me to be a better artist as he taught me that nothing can stop you from creating something magnificent. Curl or crooked lines can easily form something as long as I have a strong imagination, then I would be able to apply anything into artwork.

After exploring the third floor, I went down to checked out more interesting masterpieces. There were a  lot of creative artwork on the second floor but none of them managed to attract me. So because of that, i decided to go on and exploring the first floor. It was on that floor when suddenly I saw something that caught up my eyes. I quickly went on checking out that artwork and WOW, I was attracted to painting.
It was a very big artwork which has a deep meaning behing the paint. As my eyes started to sparked up and my heart began to beat really fast, I went on trying convey the message that was hidden in it.

Through that paint, I could clearly understand the following four  words - protect the innocent lives. Why did I said that? That was because I could see the powerful God of Mother Earth trying everything to fight the demon who was destroying both mankind and the everything surrounding him. The place that the fight took place was horrible as everything on that land including the trees, people and animals died. Besides that, I was able to notice the existence of an another land where there was people who were still alive. I could tell that those people were saved by the God of Mother Earth who was trying hard on defeating the demon. Next, my eyes went on to looked on this powerful god. With just a glance, I knew that the god was half hurt as her left leg was stucked onto the ground which shaped up into an old tree. Based from my vision, the old tree symbolized injuries as there were snakes on it where her left hand was preventing it from destroying her. I went on to observed the god and again I saw something unique when she used up one of her power with was the sea to splash and attack the demon. I knew that the demon was dying as it was caught up in a very tight situation. Overall, the paint touched as me as it always reminds me of my parents who are my roles models. They are always there to lead and guide me. They helped me when I'm in trouble and they are truly my inspirations. Thanks to them, I am now on the right pathway on becoming a true man.

Those two paintings really inspired me and totally helped me to understand more about life and how an art bring a great impact into someone's life.




No comments:

Post a Comment